Senior Meal Site menus
- Notice: Undefined index: taxonomy_term in similarterms_taxonomy_node_get_terms() (line 518 of /home/fayettecountynew/public_html/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
- Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in similarterms_list() (line 221 of /home/fayettecountynew/public_html/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
- Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in similarterms_list() (line 222 of /home/fayettecountynew/public_html/sites/all/modules/similarterms/similarterms.module).
Senior Meal Site menus
Congregate Meals for area senior citizens are served on the following days at the locations listed (home delivery is also available):
WEST UNION – Monday through Friday, Senior Center on Armour St.
ARLINGTON – Wednes- day and Friday, Arlington Library basement.
CLERMONT – Monday and Friday, West Clermont Lutheran Church.
ELGIN – Tuesday and Thursday, Elgin Community Bldg./AMVETS Hall.
HAWKEYE – Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Hawkeye Community Hall.
ST. LUCAS – Monday and Wednesday, St. Lucas Community Hall.
WAUCOMA – (Home delivery only)
The Meal Site menus for the week of June 20-June 26 will be as follows:
*Thursday, June 20 – Ham balls, glazed sweet potatoes, peas, dinner roll, cookie.
*Friday, June 21 – Baked chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, orange-glazed carrots, WW bread, banana-peach cup.
*Monday, June 24 – Swiss steak, baked potato, green beans, WW bread, blushing pears.
*Tuesday, June 25 – Roast turkey, dressing with gravy, lima beans, WW bread, applesauce bar.
*Wednesday, June 26 – Roast pork, mashed potatoes, broccoli spears, WW bread, fruit.
Each meal provides 1/3 of the Recommended Daily Allowance and includes a beverage. Menu is subject to change.
Serving at the Meal Site begins at 11:45 a.m.
* Don’t forget the downtown “Playin’ on the Plaza” concert series every Thursday evening at 6 p.m., starting July 11 and continuing through Aug. 29! It’s free, so come on down to the Civic Plaza, relax, and enjoy some great local musical talent!
* Have you had breakfast yet? Come on down to the West Union Meal Site between 7:30 a.m. and 9 a.m. each weekday for a tasty meal to rev up your day! All ages welcome!
* The suggested contribution for each meal is $5. Diners may give more or less than that amount, contributing what they think is fair and affordable toward the cost of the meal. (The cost is $6.20 for those under age 60.)
For meal reservations, please call (563) 422-6100 by 8 a.m.